Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sketchy Thursday

Here is my take on Sketchy Thursdays February GDT sketch!! I LOVE THIS BLOG because I can also count on it to help get at least ONE layout done. :) And I loved this sketch so much I did it twice!

Requirements for this sketch were:
~~~ include pink and/or red
~~~ use a heart
~~~ have visible journaling



This is Shannon and I at her wedding on the 8th of this month. She is my best friend from college and despite the long distant and having kids we have remained friends. I was so happy to have been a part, even a small one, of her beautiful wedding!! She had a photo-booth for all the guests to take silly pictures. We did a 'tough gangster' face, a kissey face and two sweet girly poses!!


Insider Tips:
~~~ I made the lollipop flowers myself. I inked, crumpled, edge-distressed them and finally used Stickles on the outer edges. 
~~~ I used ONE bling flourish for all the flourishes on the layout. I just strategically cut it apart to get the perfect swirls I needed. 
~~~ The small heart are the 'leftovers' from the border punched focal photo mat!
~~~ To create unity and balance I did two identical rows of flowers and mini-hearts
~~~ The large burgundy cardstock is a SCRAP with a giant hole in the middle that I also strategically placed so it was all covered up

Close ups:




(sorry the pictures are not the right direction! I will fix as soon as possible!!!)

Here is my SECOND take on the sketch! Much simpler and a masculine version! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your take on the sketch! Such beautiful little hearts and I love your layering, great photo's! Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays GDT challenge!
I love your masculine verse too!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeee both of these!!! AWESOME photos and colors!! Thanks sooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...