Saturday, January 22, 2011

Scrapbook Layouts



Hello!!! I have been busy this week, creating all kinds of fun layouts! Here a few to share:

This is my favorite layout of the week! My son was learning to use furniture and his walker to take those first wobbly steps. He also learned the safest place to let go was between my husband and I. Our son did have a skin issue at this time which is why his cheeks are so red. :( 

I used a Got Sketch for my inspiration.

 Insider Tips:
~~~ I used a Queen and Company paper for the patterned circles. I just cut them out. All the other circles are cut from my Cricut Expression and a 1" circle punch. 
~~~ I die cut monkeys and then layered them, inked them and pop dotted the face layers
~~~ I used a Crafter's Template for the Scallop shape
~~~ The sketch called for ONE large pattern behind the photos; instead I used three one inch strips.


Another layout I did was my son's second haircut. And most people will probably say he doesnt need a haircut; let alone a SECOND one. Well, my silly DH insist on my son having short, clean-cut hair like him. Its a silly battle I choose not to partake in  :)  This haircut was back in July!

Insider Tips
~~~ Since I used several patterns I decided to doodle on each of them to let them stand out more
~~~ The sketch had strips or stitching on it so I did pleated paper with buttons at the end
~~~ I used a red journaling block to balance out the red background
~~~ I used ribbon to make photo corners
~~~ I did layered circles and different colored fonts to emphasize all the different colors in the layout. 


I have more to share, but my Mommy duties (and cleaning duties) are calling! :) 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...