Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sketchy Thursday

Hello! I actually finished this layout on Sunday (so exciting to finish early!!), but I wanted to blog about other things first. :)

Sketchy Thursday put out another awesome sketch! I love their sketches because it really pushes my creativity. I don't normally go for sketches without photo sizes or grinding since I love those things. Plus, they leave lots of room for your own personal touch and changes! 

Here is last week's sketch. I took the 2pger and just did the left page. I choose two horizontal photos and one tall small photo. I finished it Wednesday when it was too late. It certainly didn't help I picked the photos at the last minute! :)

This is my son and his second cousins on Feb 12th during Great Grandma's birthday party. I just wanted one cute picture and instead I got a bunch of silliness! That is also why I die cut the three monkeys to coordinate with those silly kids!! 


some close ups: 


__________________________________________

And here is this week's sketch:


My husband and I were getting ready in bathroom when he looked outside to see Lulu just lounging in the grass and barking quietly as if to say this is MY yard. My husband then said she is like the Backyard General! I started laughing and KNEW this would be an awesome layout title for her. So, I went outside later and snapped some pictures of the General!! 

I used some awesome Sassafras flowers and Prima flowers to tie in the color scheme. I also misted the background with two different colors.


some close ups:

thanks for stopping by!! 

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeee your lo's!!! The colors are fab and loving the title on your puppy lo! Tooooooooooo cute! Thanks soooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Nati Tristan said...

I love those layouts missy! great job and i love that sketch! I will try it!

Amarilys said...

wonderful new layouts Sabrina! LOVE the second one!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pages! Love your take on the ST sketch! Beautiful photo's and that title is so much fun!
Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!

Geri said...

Great take on the sketches... I haven't tried sketches from the site you linked... off to check them out now! Thanks for sharing!

Keshet said...

Very cute puppy! Thanks for joining the fun at Sketchy Thursdays this week:)

Becky said...

Great take on the sketch! What adorable photos and layouts! Hope you have a wonderful weekend and get to do some happy scrapping again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...