Sunday, March 6, 2011

Scrapbook Layouts- Fourth of July

I spent most of this rainy day scrapbooking my FIRST design team assignment while my son watched his favorite show "Yo Gabba Gabba." And boy does the 'Mommy guilt' kick in! I just felt so guilty for scrapbooking and not giving him my one-on-one time even though he was on the floor (right by me) with the computer; perfectly content. I just really wanted to scrap and enjoy my weekend. But, the guilt just eats at me! And, our morning was just CRAZY since we couldn't go outside! My son was into EVERYTHING and destroying Daddy's wallet. It was a pretty fun, hectic morning that result in an almost 4 hour nap! Wow! 

So, with these long naps this weekend I have gotten a BUNCH of layouts done! Now, I just have to find time to upload to my sb.com gallery AND blog about them. There is just never enough time. :) 
____________________________________

Last week I got the urge to do all THREE Fourth of July layouts. I had simple, but photo-packed sketches planned for them. I used a Becky Higgins sketch for the first one and Allison Davis sketches for the other two.

The first day of celebration was with my family at the Rodeo. I kept this layout very simple because the focus was on all the awesome, priceless family photos I captured. I also used some inspiration from the sketch itself by including a scallop border. To add some emphasize I added a few brads. For the journaling I used label stickers. 
some close ups:

____________________________________

The second layout is about all the fun activities we did at my Mom's for the Fourth. There was swimming, homemade ice cream, yummy BBQ food, good company with Great Grandma and Grandpa C., and Captain got to feed all Grandma's doggies crackers. 

I loved this sketch's prompt to include a border on the right side. I used stickers and die cuts to make a border all about the holiday. I did add a small cluster of embellies on the left that was not on the sketch. 


some close ups:
  ____________________________________

This last layout is about the fireworks and all my son's apprehension over them. Last year, he slept through on my chest outside. This year he didn't like the loud noises at all!! This coming fourth should be interesting.

For this 2pger I also used some stickers (I am really try to stretch my embellishment capabilities and use my stash!) and I really like how they came out after I pop-dotted them! I also die cut some flourishes.

some close ups:

thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...