Monday, February 21, 2011

Scrapbook Layouts

I am having a blast with my little man and these four days off from work. I still struggle with working and not being able to get the 2 hour break that nap time gives me. But, with these days off I have been in scrap overdrive!! Here are a few I finished this weekend! 

This first one is based off a sketch from Sketch Support. I kicked off the year with a BANG since I got to go shopping with my dear friend Jessica. And the BEST part was we had no kiddos!! 

I used a monochromatic color scheme of red and used neutrals. I doodled a border with added stickles to frame in the layout. I die cut the shopping bags and doodled on them to really make them pop!

some close ups:


This two pager was such a BLAST to make!! (once I got the hang of my trimmer) I used a Allison Davis Sketches for Scrapbooking sketch. I loved the idea of different sized paper strips especially since it went perfect with my theme of water and swimming.

I used THIS paper for the 'large pattern' indicated on the sketch and I made sure to cut away the non-glittery parts. I used some leftovers to make the embellishment block and pop-dotted some of the waves to add dimension. I also hand cut some cute fish- one Mommy fish and one Baby fish. (on a side note the fish also have significance since one of our favorite books is Hooray for fish which is about a Baby fish showing all his fish friends but his Mommy is the fish he loves the most!) 

For the embellishment and journaling block I also used some Eyelet Outlet water brads and 'quicklet' suns! 

some close ups:


A final layout for this blog post is documenting my first 'real' conversation with my son. Back in October he was loved saying stick. He grabbed my wallet and starting taking the money out! I then asked "What do you want to buy?" He replied "Ick Ick" I then said "We can go in the backyard and get some for no money." He then gave me the SNORT face. 

I also used Heather Landry's sketch for my foundation. LOVE her sketches!! (especially since this one had a whole row of buttons!)

a close up:

1 comment:

Heather Landry said...

Thanks so much for the super sweet comment about my sketches! I absolutely LOVE your take on it. The colors are wonderful and the buttons look fabulous. I had to laugh out loud that he wanted to buy a stick. That sounds like something my son would say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...