Sunday, February 27, 2011

Scapbook Layouts

Hi!!! I have several layouts to share! 

The first is from last week's Sketchy Thursday sketch. I went with a very colorful and fun layout. It features my son, as always, and his new favorite dog, Buddy. He loves my mother-in-law's dog because he doesn't mind Captain in his face insisting on licks. 

The sketch had a frame on it so I took a chipboard frame and painted it; then split it in half to add movement and flow to the pictures. I also added painted chipboard buttons and punched stars. 


some close ups:
 _____________________________________
This one also features Buddy! A characteristic of Boston Terriers is to have snuffling, sniffing and running noses; this means Buddy is constantly making sniffing noises. I think it is just the cutest! And this is him, in action, on the 10th.

I misted the background with two different Glimmer Mists. I also die cut two frames (from Cricut Lite Playtime) and layered them. The circles are one inch and anchored with brads. The sun is a circle punched with scraps around it. The leaves are die cut from Cricut Stretch your Imagination. And I used my FAVORITE Basic Grey collection, Origins, to add to the spring feeling! I had a ton of fun layering, sprinkling my embellies and doodling! 

I used this sketch from the awesome Sketchabilties


some close ups:

 ________________________________________________

This last sketch is for the Page Map Blog contest. I LOVE the sketch, but, if you know my style, I don't normally do one picture layouts. But, if I have a SPECIAL photo then I will do a one picture layout. And this ADORABLE photo of my son inside his kitchen cupboard was just the right picture!! He climbed inside his cupboard full of trinkets and treasures and then gave me the cheesiest face when he was caught! 

I used 8 one inch strips of various patterns. I also misted and inked the background. I then added layered circles and pop-dotted some of the stars. The 'dark' color scheme played into my son  always getting into mischief!!
 some close ups:

 
***And just a NOTE I will be picking a winner at 10pm PST after I get my son in bed and myself settled :) Plus, it might take me awhile to add of the number of entries :) :) ***

1 comment:

Amarilys said...

great new layouts Sabrina! I'm having so much fun seeing you settle in scrappy niche! I LOVE it! Your layouts have evolved and have remained constant with the clean and simple look, but with enough details to make them stand out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...