Sunday, January 9, 2011

Four Layouts!

I have busy making layout for challenges over at sb.com. They really keep me motivated and give a goal for accomplishing the fun task of archiving my family's stories. Without these challenges I think it would be way too easy to just say ok I'll squeeze in some time tomorrow and then tomorrow becomes two weeks or longer. :)


These photos were taken during a hot summer day in August. It is of my sweet son and my cousin sharing a cup of water together. My son's face at the bottom is priceless as he is looking up for reassurance that it is ok to share the drink. I used Page Maps for this layout. 

My insider tips: 
~~~ I didn't like the embellies in the center of the sketch so I omitted it and included a 2x2 photo instead.
~~~ For the blue paper I used a 6x6 paper pad and used two strips.
~~~ I wanted to make sure the ribbon was covered up so I made sure a large button took of this
~~~ For the sunbursts I used the Cricut Expression and to keep the layout in balance I die cut a smaller one to place at the top. 

close up:

______________________________________________________

I loved making this layout!! It is of my sister and her massive dog named Zader. These pictures were taking on Christmas morning and my son peeked in for one photo! I used a Pencil Lines sketch. 

Insider Tips:
~~~ I used a border punch to add some emphasis to the photos but it didn't come out as straight as I wanted. SO, I used some ribbon to add balance and hide that! 
~~~ I used die cut hearts as paw prints!! And then die cut some circles to put at the top. So cute and easy!! 

close up:


_______________________________________________
Even though my son is not happy here (and is very tired) I still scrapped this photos. It is important to me to document this HUGE change in his life and mine. We are still both adjusting to day care and my work schedule. 
 Insider Tips:
~~~ The choose for a title is SO important to me. I love make my titles catchy and fun! Here I went with 'new era' since this also meant new beginning. 
~~~ I doodled a TON on here to add emphasis to the embellies and photos. 
~~~ I pop dotted the die cut backpacks to add some extra dimension
~~~ I added some ribbon at the top right to emphasize the color scheme and balance the row of embellies 

    ____________________________________________________________
I love my cousin T-Bone and I recently babysit him (with hubby's help) on December 30th. During a stop, due to a train passing through, I turned around to snap a picture. I just got the silliest faces!!





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...