Sunday, February 13, 2011

Unfinished Layouts

Sadly, I have a TON (ok its really only 15) of layouts started and not finished. Even though, I made the goal to STOP doing that I slipped a few times. SO, my goal is to finish these layouts and move on! I also am commited to starting and finishing a layout without bouncing all over the place. 

Over the last few days I have managed to finish THREE layouts that were previously "UNFINISHED"

The first one was from at least 5 months ago. I had these great pictures of my husband and mother-in-law being silly on our cruise to Alaska, but I couldn't seem to find the right sketch or motivation to finish. I finally used an 8x8 Page Map as my layout foundation. 
I also took the opportunity to use flowers since I rarely get the chance. Also, the colors in the photos (and the clothes they were wearing) were a neutral color scheme, but I choose to add in some RED since I knew the title would have to do with clowns. 


The second layout I was going to do for a sb.com sketch challenge, but I didn't like the sketch so the layout just sat and sat. I finally picked a new sketch (from Page Maps again) that worked better for me. I tore the layout apart and rearranged some things. I die cut the rings and added in doodled hearts to emphasize the love between my son and Lulu.



a close up: 

The last layout is of my husband and son down in Half Moon Bay in August last year. Our son was very hesitant about the waves, but with Daddy there he was ready to brave them. I used a Sketchy Thursday sketch. I did lots of distressing and layered punched waves. I also added in two rows of buttons to balance and add some more red to the layout.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...